So do you suspect that age has finally buried you with your computer and do you want to run a computer speed test to confirm this?
A slow computer is not a great proposition. However, the age has done little with a declining rate. Most computers lose computer speed tests due to negligence on the owner. Surprised?
Below are the most common causes of the slow computer and some tips that can help you prevent them from appearing first. Why are computers slower?
Main reasons are:
• Great number of applications running in the background
• Screwed hard disk
• Bloating and / or broken registry
All of these can be easily solving. Want to know how? Here are the answers:
Keep your computer safe from malware
Infections caused by malware, without any doubt, are the biggest cause of slow computer speeds. To resolve malware-related issues, follow these steps:
1. Install reliable anti-malware software if you do not have one.
2. Update your anti-malware software.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a malware scan on your computer.
5. Take appropriate action (as recommended by the software) against reported threats.
Once you have removed all threats from your computer, it is necessary to maintain the best performance of your computer. Here are some tips to help keep malware from your computer:
• Update malware regularly and run malware scans.
• Stay away from dubious websites.
• Scan the files you download from the Internet before you run them.
• Scan email attachments before opening them.
Keep background applications at least
Most of the applications you install are also in the background without being aware of it. At any given time, it could be as many as a hundred applications or even more in the background. While many of these backgrounds are needed, some are likely to relate to applications that you no longer need or need.
So what's the solution? Simple Open To add or remove applications and remove all the apps you don't need. Better still, just download the apps you really need. Also regularly check the list of installed applications and remove the ones you no longer use.
Keep Hard Disk Defragmented
Without going into technical features, let us understand the following facts:
1. Damaged disc improves your computer's performance, as a broken hard disk slows down your computer's speed.
2. When using your computer, your hard disk will be broken unless you make improvements.
So, how can fragmentation or betraying broken disks be prevented?
Disk Defragmenter is a built-in utility that lets you defrag your disk (s). Run this tool on a regular basis (once every 15-30 days) to prevent breakage of your hard drive.
Keeping windows registry clean
As with the hard disk, the Windows registry will be inflated over time and broken due to prolonged use.
Although Windows computers do not contain registry maintenance programs, many such tools are free online. Set up a reliable registry maintenance program and run a detailed registry scan to weed out unwanted registry entries. After running registry scan, defrag the registry files if the option is provided.
To prevent future file related errors, run a regular scan.