Personal development plan helps you grow and reach. So why do so few people take time to create one? Two possible reasons are:
o Lack of knowledge
o Fear of limiting oneself
There are 5 key steps in creating a personal development plan
1. Make personal supplies – take on your strengths and developmental needs. As with your own food, get the input of others. They can often see abilities you are not aware of or are not fully utilized.
2. Think about what trends will help you most in reaching your professional and personal goals.
3. Determine which methods of delivery will have the most impact on your learning. We all have different ways to learn so find out what works best for you.
4. Add calendar development events for the next 12 months. This makes it real and more likely to be achieved.
5. Set up a bookshop to ensure you're included. Often lack of responsibility can lead you to lose focus.
What are the benefits of creating a personal development plan?
1. You make a clear message that you make your contribution to commercial success seriously
2. You can start working in areas that are less developed so that you become even more asset for your employer
3. If things are not advancing as you like a career, you can show a potential new employer what you can contribute with real impact
4. You take an informed choice about the role of the roles you pursue rather than going to the opportunity
5. You Continue to Grow, Be Inspiring and Stretch To Get What You Want
Take the first step towards realizing and utilizing your actual professional and learning opportunities.