Whether you've started viewing speed reading or whether you're a frustrated student who has tried and failed to master yet, there are 6 essentials that you must understand if you hope to learn talent as a lifelong practice or skills set .
Notice I named a "frustrated student" in the first paragraph. I have found that many of my students find out that they have not been able to learn the talent from trying something in the past. Without evaluating the performance of other applications and just listening to frustrated students & # 39; complaints, I have discovered that these 6 ideas must be understood if the student is to succeed. Even students who participate in a well-designed program and who do not understand these basic ideas will either understand them during the training or fail even well-designed programs.
These 6 basic ideas are:
1. Reading's speed requires training the brain, not just the eyes . All train programs for motorways will teach you how to make your eyes more efficient by printing. Many of these actually make this rather inappropriate. These include many popular applications. But practicing your eyes is necessary.
However, you need to know that your brain must work out visual resources to learn to learn speed. If your mind does not work, you will not read. You must learn how to process (understand) the content. At very high speed, initially it causes the brain to become too much. This leads to frustration. Breastfeeding often leads to surrender.
2. Understanding the high speed needs to be taught directly. True speed reading is not just speeding up how you read when. This requires a sense of perception of what we understand normally. This process can be learned, but because it is not done in relation to our speculation, it does not happen morally or immediately. The good news is that the brain is an incredible student if we take control of how to train and direct it.
3. Speed reading training is similar to muscle training . It requires continuous training exercises over time. As neuroscience has shown us over the last ten years, the brain is very elastic and flexible. It does and will add a continuous exercise over time. Many brain therapists have documented incredible results when the participant works closely with the reconstruction of brain "muscle". All physical sports provide a useful counterpart to train your brain to learn fast reading. Are you ready to do the training to repeat success? Just like if you start exercising for a month, and then take a little while, your muscles soon lose the effectiveness they had before a long time passed. You must do a continuous exercise.
4. Reading's speed requires overcoming the myth of subversion . Almost all initial information about speed limitation shows the habit of subversion as one of the biggest problems that keep people from reading faster. Sub-vocalization is defined as the 4-step method of seeing words, saying the words in your mind, hearing the words in your mind and understanding them. True, sub-vocalization will keep reading reasons under 400-600 words per minute.
However, the rapidity mind is anything but quiet! Highly efficient quicker mind is active and connected to the author – summary, question about content, comments on the subject in contrast to previous knowledge and knowledge and much more. To learn speed reading, you do not want to calm your mind. You want to wake it up! Sub-vocalization needs to be a transition to this higher spiritual communication. Again, this requires repetition of the mind.
5. Address the myth of threshold speed, understanding and remembering . A common question is, "How fast is possible" or "Can I learn to read 25,000 words per minute?" In answer to the first question, neuroscience has not been able to answer yet. In terms of the second question, 25,000 words per minute is an interesting number, but I'm not sure what the hat that a particular number was omitted from. It's very fast speed. Technically and theoretically, it is possible. However, once it gets, it's mainly because there is no single speed anyone is reading. You must be faster in some materials and slower in others. Speed is totally determined by the response rate in your mind. If your mind does not understand the content, or if you can not immediately recover content, it must be asked if it's really reading at that rate.
Also, in 25,000 words per minute, reading from a practical perspective, the reader must put himself in a state that is not our usual conscious and alert state. Most will not do what it takes to make it happen.
6. Mastering Speed Reading requires personal training. Earlier we use analog workout. Do you want to participate in learning physical skills without a coach? Probably not, especially for fear of injuring yourself. Have you ever had complex new skills without someone's guidance? Did you learn to drive a car yourself? As Richard Bandler said, you've probably spent more time learning to drive a car than learning to drive your brain. You will not achieve this skill by reading a book. The coach helps you guide you through your own ideas. The coach returns the direction to the card to learn when the student is lost.
Finally, it is possible for most people to read, understand and remember in thousands of words per minute with appropriate training, proper and consistent practice, learn how to restart the brain and divide sub-vocalization with a very interactive mind. If a student commits to these ideas and does the situation, all new student life awaits them.