Have you ever wondered how much time you spend reading every day? Starting with a newspaper in the morning by email, suggestions and reports at the office, you will probably need to gather a lot of information a day. While this could not be a problem for an individual who can read fast, but for slower readers this is certainly a big issue. If you can not read quickly, you can spend the entire day reading the information presented. To improve your efficiency, you should acquire skills to read quickly using technology.
This will help you read and understand a lot of information for a short time, which will ultimately help you manage your time well.
Speed Reading Methods
* Read in a peaceful environment: Avoid disturbance, such as television and music, while reading. While many can easily read even when the TV is on and the kids are playing, but you can probably read faster if you read in a peaceful environment. When there is no interference, you can focus more closely, which helps you read and understand easily and quickly.
* Scan Content: It is not necessary to read each word. Before you start reading a book or article, you should scan it quickly, for example, you should check the headline and point cards. This will help you identify if the content is worth reading. If yes, what are the important things you should go through carefully. This technology can save a lot of time.
* Do not re-read: Many people have the habit of reading words and phrases back to make sure they get a real purpose. This should be best avoided. Not only do you waste time reading back, but also its flow interferes, which slows down your train speed. If it is difficult for you to give up this habit, cover the lines you have read with a paper or card to ensure that you do not read them again.
* Read the word at a time: Slow readers tend to focus on only one word at a time. Instead of looking at one word, you should look at a block of three or four words at a time. This technology can help you read faster with up to 50 percentage points.
* Avoid Submission: Sub vocalization means to spell the words after you read them. Some move their lips, but some bear in their minds. Pronouncing every word you read decreases your speed. One best way to overcome these habits is to read a group of words at a time rather than read the word content for words.
While certain technologies can greatly improve your reader efficiency, you should not expect to see the results overnight. It's an art that takes some time to study.
Practice and Patience are the keywords that help you succeed.