In the last article I wrote about educational institutions and five areas that, when fully integrated, will transform organizations into a study institution. This article is devoted to the first of these five disciples, a personal facility. Personal facility is the basis for organizational structure.
What is a personal facility?
Personal skill, as defined by Peter Senge, is "discipline of personal growth and learning." ( Fifth Discipline p. 141.) It's more than just fitness and skill or spiritual growth. It's about creating the desired future and moving towards it. People with great personality are capable of creating a personal vision and accurately assess the current reality with respect to that view. The gap between current reality and personal viewer explains them. This space is often referred to as "creative tension". The personal facility is about creating and maintaining creative excitement and living well with that excitement.
How do you recognize individuals with a high personality? Below is a list of the characteristics of these individuals:
- They have a special sense of purpose-calling.
- They evaluate their current current reality; Especially, they quickly recognize inaccurate assumptions.
- They are qualified to use creative excitement to encourage their progress.
- They see changes as an opportunity.
- They are very curious.
- They place great emphasis on personal connections without giving up their individual characteristics.
- They are system servers, that is, they see themselves as one part in a larger system.
These people are constantly expanding their ability to create a desirable future. To this end, they create opportunities to consider building a building structure, a potential that can only be realized by integrating all five elements into an organization.
How do individuals develop personal skills?
The development of a personal master is a lifelong process, and it's never too late to start. Much of what has to happen is changing how we think and how we look at the world where we live and work. Here are some things you can try:
- Think systematically: When you experience unpleasant or unwanted passing, try to think about what process enabled you to do it, rather than looking for someone to blame. To think systematically is to look at the whole and the relationships between individual parts. It's also about looking at patterns over time, rather than taking a quick picture.
- Evaluation of Current Reality: In order to influence the assessment of current reality, you must be very aware of the assumptions you make about current circumstances. These assumptions form, and sometimes cloud, our view of reality. Assessing current reality requires a lot of consideration about your own thinking process and ability to know your criteria.
- Balance of Advocacy with Query: Most of us are approved to discuss our defense safely. What this means is that we often do not hear what others say. By balancing discrepancy with queries, we take as much time to understand others' views as we do in explaining our own views. Those who are capable of personal training will carefully study until they fully understand a different perspective and invite others to ask their own views and thinking processes.
- Create a common meaning: Create a shared understanding takes the previous point to the next level. It involves finding common ground within various perspectives and expanding the understanding of all those involved. People with a high personal facility understand that they only have a puzzle and only by inquiring about others' views can these jigsaw puzzles begin to match and shape the image in a clear picture of the current reality.
Each of the above methods can take a lifetime to master. In fact, you never really come in. "There's always something new to learn, so it's important to start with small steps. It does not matter where you start, just starting a place where you can find progress and performance. 19659002] How can organizations contribute to a personal master?
Companies must have people at all levels that can have personal skills to become successful educational institutions. However, it is important to keep in mind that this is a matter of choice. can be instructed from high. Attempts to do so will only be established as workers will likely develop a "personal vision" that they believe the boss wants to hear.
The most important thing an organization can do to help employees develop personal facility is to create an environment that promotes personal injury. Here are some ideas about it:
- Encourage the demand o g curiosity: Most organizations are paid for solutions and not to ask questions. The problem with this is that the organization will often settle quickly, but do not take time to understand the nature of the problem. Encourage employees to look deeper on the nature of problems, especially repeated problems.
- Encourage employees to challenge quo status: New employees are particularly good at doing this because they do not have a history with the agency and are still not adapted to its culture. Take advantage of a new perspective and encourage Senate Seniors to do the same. The results will be catching.
- Change your criteria for what encourages your employees: Most organizations, whether they admit or not, use external incentives (money, recognition, fears) to motivate their employees. The personal facility is about internal motivation and under the right circumstances it will flourish. Create an environment that is consistent with the view that most employees are independent and want to do their best.
- Be a model: It's important that organizers practice their own personality. By setting an example, you must send the message that this is important.
- Make a commitment for a long time: Personal facility is not a single event or one day workshop. It is also not an exact method. Make sure to be flexible in helping employees develop a personal facility and realize that profits will be gradually over time.
By creating a safe and supportive environment where employees can develop their personal skills, you are helping them create creative excitement that will drive them forward and go fully into the organization with the way to become a learning company.
In the next article, I will focus on other disciplined educational institutions, mental models.